Monday, November 3, 2008

things just keep on getting better, really.
so:
i have my own private room now. it's AWESOME. i can lay around naked and smoke weed and study spanish and completely avoid making small talk about which places i've visited so far with other travelers. My room has a light and a fan and two places to put things and a hangy thing on the wall and shit, man, i love it.
it's expensive. $11 a night, and no kitchen to boot. but right now i'm happy. right now i love it.
if i stay another week, though, i'll probably move to another place, where i can have my own (larger but darker and smellier) room for $7.50 a night, but with a kitchen, which is just so nice. eating out all the time is both expensive and annoying, and not that much fun by yourself anyway.
in other news! i started spanish classes again today and i love my new school and teacher. It's all great. I walked in on a total whim- the name of the place is "School Xpress", which makes it sound like a fast food restaurant or a laundromat- but it looked like they had a nice patio. really at this point i judge everything- places to stay, to eat, to study, by how nice their patio is. And by patio i mean internal enclosure that is outside. What the hell is the word for that? I suddenly don't know.

anyway so yes. room check, spanish school check. And! I finally got to smart talk some of the boys who were making kissy faces at me. This happens, y'know, dozens if not hundreds of times per day as i walk around, cuz i'm foreign and alone and sometimes i wear short skirts. It's pretty harmless though it does get a bit old, but i always wish i had some biting comeback. Today I walked by about 6 boys who were all doing working on a house or something and every single one of them commented "oye, preciosa" etc etc or made kissy faces at me. so i took a few more steps- turned, looked one of em in the eyes and said, incredebly apologetically,
"necessito un hobre real, lo siento" and turned with a flourish.
they all commenced to crack up.
yes!
i win.

anyway, plans for today include getting stoned, buying my ticket home (i was waiting until obama won, but shit, i think i should just go for it. It's almost like a vote of confidence.), washing my clothes, sitting in a hammock reading, possibly watching a movie this evening. And i have spanish homework- I need to write a page or so in preterite tense, about my travels in europe. Should be, well, not fun, but good practice.

shit granada rules!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

courtyard? or would that be an "external enclosure that is inside?"

esteli said...

yes, courtyard, that is exactly what i was attempting to say.

Anonymous said...

glad to be of service. :-)