Thursday, November 27, 2008

lets talk money

i´ve found the cheapest internet cafe i´ve internetted in to date. 8 cordoba an hour, or 40 cents. They also advertize 4 cordoba cocacolas (yes, that´s 20 cents!) I mean yes you CAN get a 5 cent coke in Barton, VT, but it´s also about the same size as a double shot.

I´ve been thinking about wanting to make a list of things you can get for one cord (5 cents). So far here is my list:
1.a plastic bag full of blessedly cold purified water.
2.a box of matches.
3.a banana (or sometimes two small ones) from a street vendor.
4.a hug from the street kid that sells hugs for one cordoba in the park.

that´s as far as my list goes. but still, not bad, right? for 4 cordobas you could have your hunger and thirst quenched, light your way and get a hug. I love this country!!

No comments: